Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce
If you have the knowledge, skill, and ability to lead as well as the desire to make a difference in your community, the Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce could be your next destination. We are seeking to fill an immediate opening for CEO/President of the Orangeburg Chamber and are looking for the ideal candidate with the preferred qualification of a Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.
To be more specific, you will be:
- Working with the Board Executive Committee, responsible for the overall vision, strategic planning, leadership/management and success of the Orangeburg County Chamber, measured by membership, revenue and event growth.
- Serving as the official spokesperson and main contact for the Chamber, it is paramount that you have strong communications skills enabling you to speak in front of large groups of people, including monthly board meetings, business lunches, and large annual conferences and are skilled in listening to all members, leaders, and constituents in a progressive and open-minded fashion.
- Managing the Chamber's financial affairs, including the preparation and presentation of an annual budget and sound management of revenues and expenses presented at monthly board meetings in support of the organization's strategic vision. You will also find and sustain new sources of revenue through memberships, investments, events, and programs, sponsorships, advertising, and grants.
- Actively participating in community initiatives as well as regional and state-wide business and economic-related events. Identifying, recruiting and developing a diverse group of volunteer leaders of the Chamber.
- Collaborating with Board of Directors on solutions to improve the county's business climate, serving as the liaison between the needs of businesses and education/workforce development initiatives. To accomplish this, you must have the proven ability to promote and oversee strategic relationships with elected officials, nonprofits, educational and community leaders, and local businesses.
- Leading a motivated team of four and must have the ability and experience in providing effective leadership, mentoring and coaching to assist them in reaching their career goals, increasing their competency and promoting team depth and unity. The President also provides team members with feedback, rewards and recognition, and effective communication to include timely resolution of complex issues, conflicts and/or concerns.
- Familiar with current social media platforms and marketing strategies
Submit a cover letter of interest and resume (2-page max) to President Search Committee, Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 328, Orangeburg, SC 29116 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant confidentiality will be maintained.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.